Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Review of Skechers GOrun2



Every so often I do a closet purge, where I get rid of all the clothes I no longer wear, including shoes and sneakers. This past weekend, I did my annual Thanksgiving Day purge. I love to do it during this holiday weekend, because I often eat to much and feel bogged down and bloated. The closet purge helps me to feel light and refresh, so it kind of counterbalances my over indulgence for the weekend.

Anyway before I regress to much, this morning when I tried to put on my old  trusty sneakers I realized they were not their, unfortunately they had fallen prey to this past weekend’s purge. With little time to spare, I grabbed the first pair of sneakers I could find, which were the Skecher’s GOrun2. I had received these sneakers a while back, from a Skecher’s representative, and had placed them in the recesses of my closet. Now, this is an advantage of doing frequent closet purges, you find stuff you forgot you even had, it’s kind of like going shopping in your own closet. Now before I begin my review of this sneaker, I want to make it clear, that I am in no way receiving any sort of compensation for the review. I also want to add that I have never been a big fan of minimalist sneakers, but after wearing these sneakers I think I might be a convert. So here is the low down. 


Model: GOrun 2

Weight: 6.6 oz.

Price: $80.00

 
Website




Forefoot: Very wide forefoot. There is plenty of room for your toes to move and function as they were designed to do. The top of the sneaker is soft and lightweight and doesn’t irritate toes. I felt like there some cushioning under the toes. However, there was enough flexibility to allow for full bending at the metatarsophalangeal joints (toe joints).

Cushion: There is more cushioning then I had expected. The 4mm heel drop is something I had never experienced before, which feels a little strange at first, but it did not seem to affect my run. The cushioning seems well placed and doesn’t encourage a heel strike, which is important in running as it decreases the chances of injury. Skechers has engineered their sneaker for midfoot strike. Basically the construct of the sole allows the shoe to balance on the mid foot.





Flexibility: The flexibility has been salvaged despite the increase in cushion. The sneaker can be rolled up, and can still twist in all planes of motion. So the foot can still move in  all planes of motion.


Overall: As I mentioned before, I was quiet surprised by these sneakers. I feel as if Skechers got it right with this sneaker. For the last 20 or so years, shoe manufactures have focused on making shoes built for “stability” yet compromising shock absorption  Finally Skechers has delivered a shoe with cushion yet freedom to allow the foot to move through full range of motion. It allows the foot to feel the ground below as you run. This is an important concept known as proprioception – your ability to feel the ground and react to the changes in surfaces your foot encounters through precise muscular control. This shoe provides cushion yet enables proprioception.



No comments:

Post a Comment