Good by 2013, HELLO 2014
I would have to say that 2013 was definitely a challenging year with some awesome highs and some pretty dark lows.
So as I look towards 2014, there are many things I want to do:
Running
I have one major goal for running this year: Don’t hurt myself. – I have to say this is one goal that I have never been able to accomplish. No matter how hard I try at some point during the year , I have to hang up my sneakers. I am going to try hard to stretch and not to over due my running. I will try to listen more to my body
As long as I am injury free I would like to run one race each month. I am also hoping to do another half marathon
Fitness/Physical Health
For my family- I am going to get the kids moving with me. We are planning to buy a puppy so I am hoping that will persuade them to walk more. Well we will see.
I am afraid to write the next goal down, because its a toughie, eat cleaner with less processed foods. I am not saying I will cut processed foods out totally, that would be setting myself up to fail. However, I am going to try and cut back. There will be more fruits and vegetable served to my family during meal time.
For me - I would like to break my long standing addiction to Diet Coke. I tried last summer, and I was doing well, went with out it for three weeks. But than I fell off the wagon, oh it was a bad site. I was up to 40 oz a day. I am trying to get it down again. I think the key is to take baby steps.
Work
Work has taken a backseat for these past couple of years while I was growing my family. Now that my youngest is in preschool I am starting to re-enter the work force. I have joined a practice and actually see patients there two days a week. I would like my patients to have confidence in me. I would like to keep on learning and hone up on some of my skills.Personal
Continue to slowly clean out the clutter in my house, that is always on my resolutions list. I am going to try an focus on making a playroom for this kids in our basement. I am going to try to make it light and inviting. We already started when my in lawn donated a coach to our cause.
I am going to try to live by the mantra "less is more", I am going to stop spending money frivolously.
What are your new years resoluitons



No comments:
Post a Comment