Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stuck in Your Life?

So it's my first day back in the office after the Thanksgiving holidays and my patient load it pretty light.  This is the second week in a row where I am not seeing as many patients as I have in the past, and it's beginning to scare me.  But I feel almost paralyzed, not to sure what next to do.   And then the negative talk begins.  I am not a good doctor, I should just quit now.  Do you ever feel that way, you just feel stuck.  Do not know how to pick yourself up?

Today, I want to talk about what I found on the internet regarding being stuck.  
1. Stop engaging in negative self-talk.
Judging yourself is a prescription for keeping yourself stuck.   What are some of the negative things you tell yourself?
  • Nothing will ever change for me.
  • There is something wrong with me.
  • I will always be a loser.
  • I'll never be good enough.
  • I don't have what it takes.
  • The things that work for other people will never work for me.
  • Others are lucky but not me.
  • It's always been this way for me and always will be.
  • Other_________________________________
If you had a child whom you loved, would you tell your child these things? Of course not. Yet you are telling them to your inner child, which is keeping you stuck.
2. Stop playing the blame-game.
Are you stuck blaming others for your lot in life — blaming unloving parents, teachers, siblings or abusers?
While others may have been very hurtful to you in the past, and you might have healing work to do as a result, no one — no matter what they did — can stop you from taking loving action toward yourself. Seeing yourself as a victim will only keep you stuck.
3. Stop being afraid of rejections.
Do you tell yourself that it's not okay to fail — that failing at something means YOU are a failure? Unless you recognize that failure simply means that there is still more in life to learn, that you are not perfect. Every successful person has experienced many failures and has learned from them.
Making it okay to fail without it reflecting on you as a person can get you unstuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment