Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Clean Eating Menu Plan

It's been a while since I have blogged, as I have been rather busy with the pending holiday.  But I am back.  Everyone take a sigh of relief, I am here to insight you with another pearl of wisdom.  And this one pertains to eating well.

Since I had my surgery over a year ago, I have been feeling really unhealthy and bloated.  I can not seem to loose any weight, and I am actually up 7 pounds, which is a lot of weight for a 5 foot 3 female.  My clothes still fit, but they just don't look as good on me.  And I hate the way I look in pictures.  So I have been trying to clean up my diet.  I have tried to increase protein and decrease all processed food.  My problems is that I do not eat a lot of processed foods per say but I do have my weaknesses.   And I do tend to snack A LOT.

I have been making strides though, I have limited the amount of diet coke I drink(I still do have a drink I day).  Increase the amount of water I drink and actually starting off my day with water. But I do have my down falls, I still have my skinny cow ice cream treat every night.  Also one bad habit that I can not seem to shake  is having a quest energy bar as par of my lunch.  I know these energy bars aren't that much better then chocolate bars.

So I am going to try and shake up my diet even more in hopes to jump start my sluggish metabolism.  I am going to try and keep a 7 day clean diet.  Here is the menu plan. I am hoping to start the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Wish me luck. 

The 7 day Shredding Meal Plan Menu

Meal 1
  • option 1: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1/2 banana + 1/2 cup egg whites + 1 cup of berries (on the side)
  • option 2: 3 egg whites + 1 whole egg + 1 cup spinach + 1/2 cup veggies of your choice (tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms) + 1 slice of Ezekiel bread or other sprouted grain bread
Meal 2
  • 4 oz. protein + 1 cup veggies
  • example 1) Grilled chicken breast with asparagus
  • example 2) Baked tilapia with broccoli topped with seasoned extra virgin olive oil
  • example 3) Sardines served with mixed greens salad
7 day shredding meal plan rice veggies and tofu  Meal 3
  • 4 oz. protein + 1 healthy carbohydrate (+ 1 cup veggies: optional)
  • option 1: 1 can tuna (in water) with 1/2 yam,  and 2 tbsp. salsa
  • option 2: Grilled tofu with 1/2 cup brown rice and 10-12 walnuts
  • option 3: kidney beans with 1/2 cup quinoa & 1/2 sliced avocado
Meal 4
  • option 1: 1 scoop protein powder + water or almond milk
  • option 2: 1 cup carrots or celery + 2 tbsp. hummus (see recipe HERE)
  • option 3: 1 apple + 1 tbsp. natural nut butter
Meal 5
  • 4 oz. protein + 1-2 cup veggies
  • example 1) 2 cups mixed greens + grilled chicken or turkey
  • example 2) lean beef burger + sautéed veggies (carrots, onions, peppers)
  • example 3) chickpeas salad (with peppers, mushrooms, parsley, lemon juice, etc.)
Meal 6 (optional)
  • option 1: 1/2 cup cottage cheese + cinnamon
  • option 2: 1/2 plain natural yogurt + cinnamon (you can add stevia for sweetness)
  • option 2: scoop of your favorite protein powder with water or almond milk

No comments:

Post a Comment