Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WillPower and Grace Method





As many of you, who read my blog know, I  am a certified personal trainer.  I received my certificate over  two years ago, but I started training clients in December of 2013.    As I gain more confidence a personal trainer my quest for knowledge on the subject of fitness has increased.  An area that I would like to focus more of my energy on is foot fitness.  Now that I am both a personal trainer and podiatrist I would like to mesh those to areas together.


It's ironic because in fitness we train for strength and endurance, flexibility, and neuromuscular coordination of the whole body, but the foot is often left out.   I feel it is often over shadowed because  cover them up by wearing some sort of sport shoe.  However our stability and foundation begins with the foot.  And as with house, if the foundation is not sound than that will cause a hole load of problems.  So I feel when one starts on a fitness quest they should begin with their foot.  After a friend told me about a new "method" called WillPower and Grace, which emphasis foot fitness I decided to for training to be an instructor.

So what exactly is willPower and Grace?

It is an equipment free full body  exercise program, created by Stacey Lei Krauss, that incorporates strengthening  the muscles of the foot  along with a cardio intense work out . It teaches one to stretch  toes, and increase circulation and mobility throughout ones feet and ankles. It helps individuals of all ages  to land on their feet gracefully; reducing pain and injuries in their feet, ankles and knees

I am looking forward to my training this Sunday.

Here is a little clip about this method




No comments:

Post a Comment