Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 1

So it's day one of my sugar detox, and it has been very challenging. I started off the day with a cup of warm water, lemon and apple cider vinegar,  to my surprise it really wasn't bad.  It actually helped to wake me up, and it replaced my morning diet coke.  Yes, I know, diet coke in the morning yuck!  The diet coke obsession started when I was in podiatry school.  I would drink it in the morning after a long night of studying.  It seemed to  be the only drink that would rev me up, help start my day.  Why not coffee, you may ask, I hate the stuff and it actually makes me gag.  That morning diet coke started to become a habit, and that is part of the reason why I signed up for this detox.

Before my morning boot camp session, I made myself a shake, using Arbonne protein shake mix.  I added a little peanut butter for some extra protein.  It tasted just like a reese's peanut butter cup.  Ok almost.  The boot camp was intense but I felt like I kicked butt.

Then off to the mall with the kiddies.  We went to Auntie Anne and they got a pretzel and lemonade.  I usually have some of their pretzels.  Ok I have to admit it, I am one of those annoying mom's who eats off of her kids' plates.  I only take a little bit, to save my kids some calories.  You know we have an epidemic of childhood obesity and I do not want to add to it.  Today, I am glad to say that they were able to eat it all with out me taking any
nibbles.  I just ate my larabar,  and I was satisfied. 
Apple Pie

Then, I dragged my kids to Fairway, where I picked up Kombucha.  Kombucha is an effervescent fermented sweet tea.  Producers and drinkers profess that it detoxes the body and energizes the mind.  I was afraid to try it at first because of the idea of fermented sweet tea, but it actually tasted really good.

At about 4pm, I did have a little bit of a break down.  It was probably due to the lack of sugar and both of my kids started to have tantrums.  Oh was I frazzled!  I made myself some green tea and my savior (my hubby) came home.

I ended the day with a Dr. Praeger's California burger and a salad. 

Over all it was a pretty good day, but still feeling rather ravenous.  I think I need to get more creative with what I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment