Thursday, August 22, 2013

YOLO

YOLO is an acronym for "you only live once".  YOLO is what carpe diem was to the youth of the 1980s, thank you to Robin Williams and the movie "Dead Poet Society".  It  implies that one should enjoy life, even if that entails taking risks.  Apparently YOLO has been around for some time now, it seems that it was attributed to  Mae West (an actress from the early 20th century) .



  However, I was not aware of this saying until watching  "Keeping up with the Kardashian's ", their Greek vacation episodes.  I have to admit that the show is one of my guilty pleasure. And if you ask me why I really could not tell you. Isn't not because I think Brody Jenner is hot.  However, I do enjoy Kris Jenner making a complete fool of herself on most episodes.  Where else can you see a fifty something woman acting like a twenty year old.  I love it when she even embarrasses here children.

 


With my pending surgery, I feel that its more important then ever to embrace YOLO. It has become my new mantra.  I  do not know what the outcome of my surgery will be and that is so anxiety provoking for me.  I have always found the best way for me to deal with my anxiety is to create a to do lists.  I get such satisfaction from being able to cross of completed tasks.  It gives me a sense of control, when I don't not seem to have any control.  So here is my YOLO/bucket  list.

On my YOLO/ bucket list
  1. Swim with the dolphins - Honeymoon 2007
  2. Write a blog Started July 2013
  3.  Run a marathon
  4.  Become successful personal trainer, with paying clients
  5.  Take a trip to Morocco
  6.  Make a difference in someone life

I was hoping around different blogs this morning when I came across this motivational quote on Whitney blog Everything Happens for a Reason .

Clue to for my give a way that will begin next week "they will take your places"

 What's your motto ???



What's on your bucket list ????


No comments:

Post a Comment