It's the night before my surgery and I have all these thoughts swimming around in my head. What is going to happen tomorrow? Will I be fine? Will they find something? I can not stop thinking that I want more in my life. It's times like these that you realize what matters in life. You realize you want your life to have more meaning. But what exactly do I want from this meaningful life and how can I make it more fulfilling?
I have started to create an outline of how to create a more meaningful life for myself.
1. Carpe Diem or Seize the Day. Live each day as if it's my last and overall just do it! Like they say Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present. Be present to enjoy the moment. Each day is a fresh start with options just waiting to be explored. Take nothing for granted. Appreciate everything and everyone around me, my family, friends, and my community. One day, I may wake up to find that one of those things is gone, so appreciate them while you have them.
2. Follow my dreams. I want to make a list of everything I have ever dreamed of doing and then make it happen. Dreams aren’t achieved by sitting around and waiting. They’re achieved by getting up and working for them!
2. Be adventurous. I need to explore more, live on the edge out of my comfort zone, and embrace new challenges. I need to visit new and exotic places. I will take the road less traveled.
3.Love myself. Focus on my inner and outer beauty. Acceptance comes from within. I am not going to focus on the things I don’t like about myself. This will be hard but I will try and find the things I love about myself. I will stop judging myself. This is an important step to take if I want to live life to the fullest. Why? Because by judging myself I am limiting myself. And if I limit myself I can’t live life to the fullest.
4. Love others. I will love the ones that treat me right. I will try to give love without expecting it to be returned. I will try and be selfless in my attitude towards others, and learn to accept everyone. I will be kind and courteous to others and enjoy their company. I will try and find the goodness in others. I will try not to judge others.
5.Be positive. Focus on good thoughts and good things will happen. I will try not to be to hard on myself. Beating myself up won’t help anything. Be positive. I will try to look on the sunny side of life. The glass isn’t half empty, it’s half full. Put things into perspective. Remember that even though my life may seem tough right now, there is no doubt somebody out there is going through something much worse.
7 Listen to my heart and soul. I will listen for advice, but I will be confident in making my own decision. Use my own instinct. I will not be influence by others. Don’t give up. Do not accept defeat, even if it seems like it’s the only option. I will look at the obstacles that others have overcome to be who they are and to fight for what they think is right. I will try to translate that into my own everyday life and use.
8 Forgive myself I will release my negative energy that holds me back, that includes my past failures. I will erase my negative thoughts about myself. Take actions towards resolving the root cause of any bad thoughts (anger, fear, doubt, hate,...). Cancel each one out with a good thought called affirmations: "I'm over that." "I am brave!" "I know I can do it!" "I forgive and I do not hate!"
9 Be honest with myself . I will not hang onto the past! I will not stress out about the mistakes I’ve made - I will take them in stride and learn from them. From each mistake there is a lesson to be learned.
10.Be ME. I will have the courage to be myself. I will try and not to be shy! I am who I am! Even if society doesn’t like it, I am me, so I will not listen to what others think and live my life! I will do what I want to do, because life is short! Nobody else is going to live my life so it is up to me!
a Rafflecopter giveaway


No comments:
Post a Comment