Thursday, August 8, 2013

Who Are You- A little Late But Better Than Never

 Today I wanted to thank Kimmy from That's The Thing about Destiny for allowing me to participate in her "Who Are You?" link up, even though I signed up late.  You see that is the problem with me I always seem to get involved at the end.  I love this idea of jumping around the world wide web (OMG am I dating myself) and getting to know interesting and inspiring people.


1. Describe your relationship with your parents.

Wow of course I had to begin with a hard question.  It's hard for me to begin to answer this question with out getting a little emotional.  Unfortunately my relationship with my mother, well in the physical sense, just does not exist.  My mother passed away when I was 24, she was only 49.  It's never easty to get over your mother's death no matter how old you are or how long ago she passed away.  When lose your mother, you also lose that most  innate form of unconditional love. Yes you can receive unconditional love from other people in your life but it just isn't the same.





As for my relationship with my father, well it's complicated   In many ways, my father and i just do not see eye to eye.  We seem to sit on different ends of the spectrum, he is an extrovert and I am an introvert.  Growing up he did not understand, or maybe he still does not understand, my understated self confidence.  It was very hard for him to have a daughter who was quiet, who shied away from the spot light.





Even though he did not understand me, and I seem to frustrate him more times than not, he was always there for me.  When I was in Podiatry school, he would drive two hours each way , a couple of times a month to take me food shopping and make sure I was doing ok.  He is a good father even if he drives me crazy.  I love you dad.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

In 5 years, both of my children will be in school full time, YEAH!!  I see myself as a busy mom, an involved school parent helping out with bake sales, school plays, etc.  I also see myself trying to grow my own personal training business.  I also would like to see myself grow strong physically and be a serious competitor in local races.

In 10 years, my kids will be teenagers, the fun years.  I hope I will still be involved in their school activities.  I see myself shuffling them around from one sport to another.  I also see myself having a strong relationship with them, where they still come to me for advice.  I see me getting more involved in my personal training business and maybe have some joint ventures with other companies.  I am also hoping at this time that my husband and I will finally be able to really reconnect. Our kids will demand less of our attention and we will finally be able to spend more time on us.

In 15 years, my kids will be out of the house, so it will be a time that I really can devote to myself and my relationships.  I want to be a successful business woman with many different companies.  I also want to have a thriving social life that has been put on hold to raise my kids.  It will be nice for my husband and I to be able to act like newlyweds again.

I a sorry if this sounds pretty bland and not  at all the creative, but I am kind of  looking forward to the normal progression of family growth.


3. What’s your favorite holiday and why?

Now this is an easy question, finally, Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving not only because of the sentiment behind the holiday, but because we all as Americans celebrate it no mater what faith we believe in.  Also it occurs during the fall my favorite time of yea.  I love the fall foliage, and how the air is so fresh and crisp, well that is if you live in the north east.

But most importantly it is a time when family gets together and "pretends to get along" ( a long time ago on the Today show they ran a segment asking children what Thanksgiving meant to them, one child wrote it's when relative get together and pretend that they like each other).  In all honest it's just a nice idea that we take a day to give thanks for all blessing.

4. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?


My favorite part of being a parent is hearing my children burst out in laughter.  I think that is the best sound ever.  Both of my children love to laugh.



When I see my children in pain and I am helpless in resolving their pain.  As a parent you are supposed to protect your child and keep harm away, so it's hard to see them in agony. A couple of times now, my oldest has gone through some minor procedures, each time when he wakes up from the anesthesia he is disoriented and in pain.  And there is nothing I can do to rid him of the pain. That is the worst feeling in the world

5. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?

Evita Peron, and I did not even have to think twice. There is something strong yet elusive about her.


No comments:

Post a Comment