Since I am on the sugar detox diet, I am trying to get my kiddies to eat less processed foods too. I would love for them to prefer to eat hole food, so I thought it would be a neat I idea to get them involved in the food preparation process. I saw this recipe for peanut-cinnamon-date-balls Ann from fannetasticfoodblog and thought this would be the perfect recipe for us to make together.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
3/4 C pitted dried dates
1/2 C peanuts
1 Tbsp. oats
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. water (to help them stick)
Just toss it all into a food processor until ground/mixed, then form it into balls. Super easy!
makes 6 balls (3 servings)
Nutritional information (per serving — two balls): Calories 270, Fat 110, Total Fat 12.3g, Saturated Fat 1.7g, Sodium 5mg, Total Carbohydrates 38.6g, Dietary Fiber 5.9g, Sugars 29.2g, Protein 7.6g.






No comments:
Post a Comment