Let's talk about accountability. What is accountability? Accountability is normally viewed as being responsible—giving an explanation of your actions—to somebody for something. However, today’s I will be talking about holding yourself accountable.
When you take 100 percent responsibility for holding yourself accountable, your performance will improve, your relationships will flourish, your market value will soar, people’s respect for you will skyrocket, you will be a great example for others to follow, and your self-esteem will grow.
Why is it that in all areas of your life you will see such a dramatic improvement? Because when you hold yourself accountable to doing the things you know you should do, it is you who will be letting your self down. No one likes to feel let down.
The mindset I recently adopted is that it is up to me and no one else to make sure I am doing what I know I should be doing. When someone has to hold me accountable, because I failed to do what I should have done, I have a serious conversation with myself. My belief is that no one should have to hold me accountable for my actions, responsibilities and goals. While I appreciate others helping me get better, I am the one that must hold myself to a high standard.
Three Types of Accountability
There are three areas in which you must hold yourself accountable:
1. Your actions and choices such as how you treat others, your eating habits and exercising routine, your attitude and thoughts, and the way you respond to challenges
2. Your responsibilities suh as being on time for business and personal appointments, spending less than you earn, and doing the things you agreed to do when you agreed to do them
3. Your goals such as fitness and health, financial goals, career ambitions, and personal goals
Holding yourself accountable is nothing more than following through with YOUR commitments and responsibilities. It’s doing what YOU know YOU should do, when YOU should it.
Today I would like to talk about my accountability for my 21 sugar detox program. On this program I was not allowed to eat
- Sugar (now that is going to be hard, sugar is food group to me)
- Coffee (not hard, never touch the stuff)
- Red Meat & Poultry (easy, veterinarian)
- Alcohol (Oh no! No Skinny Girl Margaritas)
- Gluten (I love my bread )
- Dairy (NO MORE FROZEN YOGURT)
- Corn
- Whey Protein
However what I did realize is that I was stronger then I thought I was able to stick to my detox. I was able to keep my detox because I knew when it was all over I would have to report back to my followers on my blog. I had to hold myself accountable.
Now as far as accountability for workouts, I am having a hard time. I am in the midst of some major TFL and hip flexor pain on my left leg. So I have not been running.
Monday- bootcamp
Tuesday- 45 min elliptical
Wednesday- some light weight training
Thursday- Core exercises
Friday- 45 min elliptical
Saturday - 1 hour walk
Sunday - 1hour and 5 minutes elliptical. Ran only one mile. It was pretty sad. I hope I heal soon.
My goals this week are as follows
- To stay positive and take care of myself after my surgery tomorrow.
- To start to walk as soon as possible after my surgery tomorrow
- To stay away from gluten, dairy and to try and eat as health as possible, and have at least one salad a day.
- Start do some strength training when I get the ok from my doctor
So there is the awful recap of last week and my goals for this week.
For all you runners out there how do you stay motivated during an injury?
a Rafflecopter giveaway


No comments:
Post a Comment