So on August 27th I will be closing one chapter of my life, and starting a new one. This is a very anxiety provoking time of my life. Numerous questions keep on swimming around in my head. Questions about the actual surgery, what if they find something, what if it is cancerous, what will my life be like post surgery, will I be able to take care of my boys after the surgery?
With all of this nervous energy, I decided I need to try to redirect it. Try to focus on something else. I want to do something positive. I want to make myself as strong and healthy as possible, both mentally and physically, for when I go under the knife. Not to be too graphic. So I started to put together a to do list for this month. Here it is:
1. Sign up for bootcamp
2. Sign up for a half marathon
3. Stop drinking diet coke
4. Do a sugar detox
So with the help of Bobbi McCormick from NHerShoes.com I have decided to partake in her "Summer Detox Challenge." Bobbi will be providing us with recipe ideas, meal planing, encouragement, e-mails, and I believe there will be accountability.

It will be a 21 day Challenge where I will have to give up the following:
- Sugar (now that is going to be hard, sugar is food group to me)
- Coffee (not hard, never touch the stuff)
- Red Meat & Poultry (easy, veterinarian)
- Alcohol (Oh no! No Skinny Girl Margaritas)
- Gluten (I love my bread )
- Dairy (NO MORE FROZEN YOGURT)
- Corn
- Whey Protein
- Fish
- Eggs
- Fruit
- Quinoa
- Legumes
- Brown Rice
- Nuts
- All Vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Tea
- Kambucha (UGH)
- Homemade Juice (No Added Sugar)
- Plant Based Protein
- Tofu & Temph
- Avocados
So please come back again to my blog where I am sure I will be posting my many break downs. I can promise you they will be entertaining.

No comments:
Post a Comment