Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Recovery and Wild Card Wednesday


So I am glad to say my surgery is over, my ovaries are out.  YEAH!!! Applause. Applause....

The ironic part is that it was only a 17 minute procedure, less then the time it takes me toget ready in the morning.  And those 17 minutes will greatly impact the rest of my life.  Since my mothers diagnosis's of ovarian cancer over 22 years ago, I have always been afraid I could be next.  Almost everyday the thought would pop into my head.   And having children only exacerbated my fear.  Would I see them grow up to ride their first bike, lose their first tooth,  get their driver's license (ok I  still fears over that but there different ones, now), or graduate from high school/college.  Here are just some post op pictures take my saint of a husband took.  He tends to go a little over board with the pictures.
Recovery

Drinking
The only complication I had, is that I could not pee after the surgery, apparently I was so so dehydrated from the bowel prep the night before. The hospital would not let me leave until I peed, so I drank so many glasses of water and three hours later I still had not peed.  OH the agony of it all.  The recovery nurse, who was a saint , ( I am sorry if this is TMI) told me to try to blow bubbles with a straw in water while I sat on the toilet.  I had to say it worked.  I peed on the potty just like my son and my reward was that I was able to go home.

While I was doing some blog hoping this morning I found another party link that I thought would be appropriate for today it is "I am grateful Link Up Party" by Sarah from a girl smitten


So am grateful that the surgery was a success and I can breath a sigh of relief , knowing I did the right thing.  It was one of the scariest times in my life and I am glad to say I have closed that chapter of my life.

Thank you all for your love and support.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment