It's been three days since I had the MRT work done, you can read about that on my pain-in-my-thigh post. I still am not one hundred percent. Only yesterday was I able to go a mile and then I just had to throw in the towel because the pain was excruciating. And today I was not even going to attempt to put on those old running shoes. I did some foam rolling, some stretching and tried to relax (which never happens). I am hoping the pain will subside with in the next week so I can have a couple of runs before I go in for surgery. Like many fellow runners, when I run it calms me down and brightens my mood.
I saw this image on the web today and a light went on. I have been so down on myself because of my IT band and TFL injury. I have been depressed and withdrawn all because I can not run. Seeing this picture made me question why am I beating myself up over my injury? I realized I need to forgive myself and my body. I am not perfect and I need to learn that it's OK for me to be injured. I am actually being good to my body right now by taking this time off to heal. Only recently have I started to say "I forgive myself," and for some reason I always feel better after saying that.
Do you ever say that to yourself?


No comments:
Post a Comment