Monday, September 9, 2013

Accountability Monday - September 9th addition

It's Monday and that means it's another installment of my popular blog post series, Accountability Monday's.  This is where I go over my last weeks eating habits and my work out (or in this weeks case, non existent) routines.

EXERCISE

As you all are well aware by now, I am still recovering from my surgery so I HAVE NOT been exercising at all.  I am finally no longer in pain, so I am thinking maybe I can start to do some low impact exercises.  I was going to try to start the exercise portion of the Fall Shred program.  I think I can handle it with some modification.  I will definitely have to modify any core exercise, as I am still heeling down there.

So here is today's work out
Warm up for 10 minutes on your machine of your choice or go for a one mile run. You could also just chase your kids around! ( I think that is my best option, have you met my younger son, Mikey, that little fellow is pretty darn fast)


1. Jumping Jacks

2. Mountain Climbers

3. Frog Jumps (big jumps forward and back)

4. In and Outs (down in plank position bring legs in toward your chest and

5. Hops Side to side ( you can put something on the ground to hop over if

6. Jump Rope (if you don’t have one then just pretend)

7. Jump Squats

If you have more time do it 3 times!!!

back. Keep butt low)

you want)

Do each exercisefor 45 seconds and then rest for 20 seconds in between, then go to the next
exercise. Do the entire circuit at least twice. If you want more, do it three times!

DIET

I can sum it up in one word it SUCKED.  All the hard work I did in August went out the door.  I went of the wagon and started to drink diet coke again.  I know deplorable.  I could not help it, the in laws were coming to town and I always get very anxious when even their name is mention.  I need some comfort food.

So along with starting to drink diet coke again, I was eating bread by the loaf (ok maybe I am exaggerating a little) but it was pretty gross.  Oh and then I can not forget about my frozen yogurt bonanza.  Yeah lets just say it was not one of my finer weeks.  Let's blame it on the in laws (WINK, WINK). 

Yesterday we went to the local farmer's market,where we bought all fresh vegetables in  hopes of sticking to my clean eating diet.


So now back on the wagon.  Today I am hoping to stick to this eating plan, though we are going to go to the mall for some back to school fashion.

Here is a sample days menu

Breakfast
  • 1bowl of oatmeal, with one table spoon of peanut butter (for the protein)
  • one cup of green tea.
Lunch
  • Avocado and Black Beans Salad (or you can use garbanzo beans)-  2 oz  black beans, 1/2 sliced avocado, 1 sliced kiwifruit, 3/4 cup corn (steamed from frozen and cooled, 1 tbsp each chopped scallion and cilantro, and 2 tsp each olive oil and lime juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
  • 1  slice of gluten free bread
Dinner
  • Veggie Curry -1 chopped garlic clove, 3 tbsp chopped onion, 1 cup diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added chickpeas (rinsed and drained), 1 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 3 tbsp whole-wheat couscous-In a medium skillet, heat 2 tsp olive oil. Sauté 1 chopped garlic clove and 3 tbsp chopped onion, stirring, 30 seconds. Add 1 cup diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup canned, no-salt-added chickpeas (rinsed and drained), 1 1/2 tsp curry powder and 1/8 tsp salt; simmer 15 minutes. Cook 3 tbsp whole-wheat couscous in 4 1/2 tbsp water plus 1/2 tsp olive oil as directed on package; serve curry over couscous (any veggies you want) 
So how was last week for you?  Let me know I would love to hear from you.

This post was used for the following link ups
Mommy Monday Blog HopCant Google Everything

Peacoats & PlaidMommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?


Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?


Sami's Shenanigans

I Don't Like Mondays Blog Hop




No comments:

Post a Comment