Thursday, September 26, 2013

An Easy HIT work out.

button
I know this is a day late, but yesterday was crazy, I was at work all day.   In the morning I was working with another podiatrist ( the podiatrist for the Philadelphia ballet), we are working to develop a protocol to help geriatrics with balance. More on this later.

So today I want to talk about HIT exercising.  High Intensity Training (HIT) is a form of strength training popularized in the 1970s by Arthur Jones, the founder of Nautilus. The training focuses on performing quality weight training repetitions to the point of muscular failure. The training takes into account the number of repetitions, the amount of weight, and the amount of time the muscle is exposed to tension in order to maximize the amount of muscle fiber recruitment. The exercise should be brief, infrequent, and intense. Exercises are performed with a high level of intensity, which is thought to stimulate the body to produce an increase in muscular strength and size.

The below exercise should be done with  high intensity for 30 seconds and than a 10 second rest between exercise.  The  goal would be to repeat the entire circuit three times.

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment