1. I am thankful for time: My husband and I, last night were watching my all time favorite movie, St. Elmo's fire. For any of you under the age of 35, I will give you a brief synopsis. It's the story of seven college friends who recently graduated from Georgetown University. The movie focuses on their struggles to try to survive in the real world. A little bit of trivia, the actors that stared in this movie, were the members of the brat pack. All of the characters in this movie seemed in such a hurry to grow up. What they failed to realize is that time is on their side. Time is such a precious commodity that can not be bought or traded. We all have a certain amount of time on this earth and when it's up it is up. So I would have to say one of the most important things that I am thankful for is time. I have time to spend with my family, friends, and do what I want to do.
2. I am so thankful for my wonderful family. My two sons are the light of my life. They make me want to be a better person. Since I met me husband 14 years ago, my life has changed dramatically, I now have more self confidence and also I am more excepting of people. He helps to bring out the better part of me.
3. I am thankful that I grew up with such loving and supportive parents. Growing up I always felt safe and secure. It is because of them that I understand the meaning of unconditional love, for they loved me no matter what I did.
4. I am also thankful that I live in a country where we are free. In some countries women do not have any rights and are only thought of as property. If I lived in those parts of the world there would be no way I would have received an education, let alone become a doctor. So I am grateful for my great/grand parents that come to America for a better life. They left all the securities of home for the promise of a better tomorrow, with no certainty. 




No comments:
Post a Comment