Monday, September 2, 2013

Fall Shred 2013 and Accountablility Monday






Each week I like to post my workout log and my over all eating habits from the week prior, but since I just had surgery, this week is kind of a wash. However, I figured I should take some time to start to  talk about how training is going or how I’m feeling..... as we are 75 days away from the Philly half marathon, it’s time for an update!

The honest truth is that it has not been going well.  In all honesty, I have not really started to train.  I am about two week behind where I should be, using the Hal Higon's training schedule. I am already behind and I am not to sure when I will get the clearance from my doctor to start running again.   So at this point I am in a dilemma, due I run the race or do I try to defer to next year?  I figure I would think about it for a week and than write about it in next week blog .  What would you do?

While I am still waiting to decide, I joined Bobbi McCormick from N Her Shoes for Fall Shed 2013.

fitnessshred1

So today I am going to give you my beginning pictures and measurements. I will also talk about the exercise plan and meal plan for this week.  Next Monday I will report back on if I was able to stick to the plan.

As far as the work outs
Today I will be doing.1 minute jump rope in place
25 Squats (fast)
15 jumping jacks
10 pushups30 seconds of mountain climbers
10 pushups
25 basic crunches
1 minute butt kicks
1 minute bicep curls with a static lunge
15 jumping jacks
 1 minute in plank position
1 minute plank ups
30 seconds jog in place (DANCE)
1 minute military presses with a front kick (10 on each side)
1 minute: (30 seconds) side shoulder raises (30 seconds) front shoulder raises
25 Squats (fast)
30 seconds burpees (modified burpees)
15 Tricep dips
30 seconds bicycle crunch

Meal Plan

Breakfast

High Energy and Fiber Oatmeal
• 1/2 cup of rolled oats (dry)
• 12 almonds or 1 tsp. olive oil, flaxseed oil, or fish oil
• 1/2 cup of mixed organic frozen berries or a handful of raisins
• Dash of stevia and/or cinnamon (if desired to make sweeter)

Lunch 

Crazy Sexy Salad
• 3 cups of kale, any variety, shredded by hand
• 1 cup of diced bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
• 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
• 1/2 of an avocado
• 2 tbsp. flaxseed oil
• 1 fresh squeezed lemon
• Sea salt (to taste)
• Pinch of cayenne (to taste)

Dinner

Fill You Up Till Morning Chicken Soup
• 16 oz. of organic broth (chicken, vegetable or beef)
• 6 oz. of chopped cooked chicken breast OR scrambled egg whites OR extra firm tofu (cubed)
• 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
• 1/2 cup of pre-cooked brown rice (if post workout)
• 1/2 of an avocado (cubed)
• Spices – pepper and Mrs. Dash (if desired)

Option 1: Sweet Tooth Chai Tea
• 2 teabags
• 12 - 16 oz. of ‘No Sugar Added’ almond milk
• Dash of Stevia

Here are my before pictures




Measurements: weight 120 lbs, height 5'3"

Waist: 27
Chest: 32
Hips: 35
Thigh: 20
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment