Sunday, September 1, 2013

Guacomole From Maine




I don't mess around when it comes to guacamole. No party is really worth it unless there's guacamole -- and a lot of it. Honestly, it's the only reason I even buy tortilla chips .Guacamole is just one of those foods that makes people happy. So it's important to get it right. I have tried numerous recipes, and have eaten even more bowls of the stuff than I even care to remember, in search of the perfect guac.

With all that avocado dip consumption that I have put my poor family through, I think I have gotten to the bottom of what makes a guacamole great -- and what simple mistakes people make that can ruin the most perfect of foods. Here is what I think makes the perfect guac.




3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced- should be fresh
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion- I to use sweet onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro- we used dried but fresh is always better
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper- the key ingredient.

First mash the avocados together, and than add the squeezed lime juice. Than add the above ingredients one by one, preferably in the order provided above.

Then enjoy with organic tortilla chips







Link ups

Blog Hop Blitz

No comments:

Post a Comment